Thursday, March 17, 2016

St. Patrick's Day: Young Life changed my perspective

'He is handsome, she is pretty! She's the bell of belfast city, she goes courting... 1!....2!....3!..... Please, won't you tell me who is she? 


Wyoming as winter was just around the corner

Who is he? Lucky charming? Maybe his name is Patrick (:

First of all, Happy Saint Patrick's Day! I read many articles to see what I should say. This is such an important holiday! Some wear green, some drink bubbly and beer, and some may chill out at home to spend time with family and say YES, Praise be! I will be doing all of that minus the consumption of copious amounts of alcohol. (: Whatever you are doing, celebrate a day where you can see rainbows, rain rainbows, and even eat them too (Lucky Charms of course! Or Rice Krispies, your choice!).

 The bold quote at the top is a song I sang in Choir circa 08'. The reason I chose that song is because it is based in 'The Luck of The Irish'! Wait for it. Okay, I think you have grasped the joke and point of that statement! I can't believe it was that long ago and I remember it like it was yesterday. I will say those are some of my fondest memories for real. 

Now for the 'ahhhhh' moment, Who is Saint Patrick? I have attached an article or maybe two that will tell clearly depict how much I see the importance in this holiday! History is so important in our everyday lives. If we don't know history, how can we live our country fighting for freedom? I am a patriot and Mel Gibson definitely one of my favorite actors who does such an act. Enjoy this glorious holiday and listen to Spotify's Happy St. Patrick's Day if you have the time. 

Hardy harr harr and eating spinach, Rachel


No comments:

Post a Comment