Tuesday, February 16, 2016

I'm ready for an AdventCHA~~~~

Not all who wander are lost -J.R.R. Tolkien



          Let me tell you about my love for J.R.R. Tolkien. This guy knows how to write amazing stories that are so VIVID. I am the Frodo Baggins of my family. I want to see the World and it's scary to know I have to face it on my OWN.  I can't stay a child forever. Reality check: I have to pay my own bills someday and that ain't too far away. God wants me to have child-like faith. I may be wandering, but it's not for nothing. All that we do, and did, counts for who we will become. God created us from dust and plants a seed in all of us.

        He gives us a choice, to water that seed, or drown it with problems we can't fix. Honestly, I want to get my own way through life, and that can be toxic. Because GOD can and will fix our problems if we surrender to him. I learned so much through my two and half years at Junior College and now I am taking online courses as I transition in my transfer state of mind. Both figuratively and realistically.

God is building a house within me, so why should you build a house in everyone you meet? Because they'll be happy and so will you. I call it how it is and life on this Earth is tragically unstable, that's why God is my rock and foundation. Obviously, I'm a jock so I can get cocky, and that's why I'm waiting for the guy who eats twice as much as I do and has a heart full of dreams to be continued. The Earth could be shaking, and God has the power to move it. Whoa. Process that for a while.

Side Note: Fellowship of The Ring is my all-time favorite out of all the books he has written. The movie is amazing, but the book has so much more detail that I didn't know existed until I read the ENTIRE book. Ha-Ha, half read doesn't count. 

Now you know how books impact me, 
Rachel


No comments:

Post a Comment