Tuesday, February 16, 2016

Gosh, I'm sore (active PTSD)

{Make the Comfortable Uncomfortable}
Shawn Hunter

       I was bit by a dog when I was seven years old. I'll never forget that day. It was the best and the worst day of my life. I mean, can it get any worst? Quick story line: I was visiting my cousins in Kansas and we were having so much fun.  Then I hovered over their dog when I leaned in too far. He nearly bit my nose off. I ended up bleeding like a volcano into a rag and got to chill out in the hospital almost entirely overnight. Two surgeries later, I am well, but I know I can be better than that. YA, I'd rather be a coach than a counselor.

   
     I've had many coaches influence me, and I am grateful for all of them, They deserve a round of applause and a huge hug! A coach pushes you to better than you are. A counselor will listen, but loves to give advice. Maybe a little too freely sometimes. I'll admit that I do that and it bothers others. I do what I do best and that's the gift God gave me. I got skills, you got skills, WE can all have skills. Yay for the freedom to use our gifts to our advantage and we owe it all to the BIG man upstairs. No, not your neighbor poppy or your roommate pippin,but to the one who created YOU. God wants us to excel in our unique skills. We all were created human and that's why he wanted us all to have our kooky, quirky gifts that some get and others don't. We embrace our gifts in our own lives. I love to see that when I work with children on soccer field even if I am not a professional soccer player. In any sport, I'll take that potential and drive.

Yes to God and No to Comfort, 
Rachel

Note to self and others: there's no easy step; only big leaps and little joys to drive you. TobyMac can tell you and so can TruDog.


No comments:

Post a Comment