Saturday, March 12, 2016

Freedom from gluten: to liberty and justice with God

About ten years ago, I became very sick with stomach issues beyond my control. I went to many doctors and most of them said I "probably" had colon problems or a stomach bug. Ew, thanks for telling me I have a horrible stomach ache that will never go away! 

Over the past couple of years, I've gotten better with eating clean and getting my exercise to keep up my body as a temple for God. Obviously, I want to look good because I am a girl! But I think it's important to remember that it's really not for me. God says so in 1 Corinthians 3:16. I am here on Earth to show how much God gives as the creator of everything living and breathing! It's amazing and strangely awesome that he created the World and wants us to prosper even if that means we will go through trials. I live to praise him through my health issues. 

This year, I made a pact to be more intentional. Many people choose to lose weight or read more books for the new year. I agree entirely with both of those! Moreover, I think there's so much more than those. And that's why I am excited to say that I can, without a doubt, eat gluten now!

That may sound super weird, but I have not been able to eat any gluten for ten years without throwing up or tasting acid in my mouth anytime I had a bite of gluten. Pretty gross, huh? Yeah, my body wasn't so happy that I was such a beach bum! I think the reason my nervous system is working so well now is because... I have quit watching movies and tv shows on the daily. I gave it up for Lent, and I honestly will probably keep it up! I'd rather be outside and watch a movie every couple of months. It's much more affordable and fun (:

Cheers to temples, rain, and sunny days,
Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment