Wednesday, January 27, 2016

I'd love to take the credit, but God wants me to be in this vulnerable position



I recently (well, 6 months ago) jumped on a plane to take a chance on an opportunity that I couldn't wrap my head around. I've had quite a few people ask me, "What challenges did God give you in Colorado?". In my mind, it was a scrabble of good and bad. Should I tell them it was horrible? Or should I say it was the best summer of my life? It's a loaded question that I can't answer in one syllable and unfortunately I don't have the time to meet up with everyone who wants to know.Trust me, I want to meet up, but it's not realistic.

Hello family, friends, and others curious about me, 
I knew I was too comfortable living at home and I wasn't okay with it. I admit that I did leave suddenly, and I knew I was fighting with God (Yep, we fight, even if I may not want hear his side all the time). I almost backed out because it was scary to leave all that I had known and go into the unknown. And I'd encourage you to read Psalm 45, specifically in verses 10-17. I believe it truly depicts what I want to say without writing 5000 words on a page. It wasn't fun all the time, I did get work done. Of course, I'd get distracted, but that's something I can work on. This was me all the time, 'someone pinch me, is this real?' Because I really did love it. 

I figured it was time for me to 'face the music' that was telling me it's 'alright' to be comfy, but it's better to vulnerable with God by my side. Thanks for being there for even when I had hardly any service to let you guys know I'm alive and well.
~Rachel
 
Here's a few pictures that will, somewhat, depict my summer:

~They picked out a nickname for me before I even arrived, I didn't even know them yet


~Sunset hike, on the same day? Yes please, literally the day after I got there (:


~Beach girl finds a creek, there's water, I can journal here


~Longest hike of my life, eh, or certainly felt like it. But the view from the top was worth it (second picture down)




~Daydreaming ( all the time?)



~Wiffle ball to celebrate.. a day off with the whole crew? (:

~I worked with her, we got distracted, then we'd pay for it (yes, it's dirty everywhere)


~Overwhelmed about life? There's a hike for that


~I decided to take a hike at 8pm by myself. I got lost, it was horrible. I lost my radio and used my phone as a flashlight (you can laugh, it's okay, I was so unprepared)





No comments:

Post a Comment